Monday, June 11, 2007

Catfish Queen!!



I DID IT!!!! I beat the men, my husband and the men that fish with him!!!! My monster catfish weighed 12 pounds and was 32 inches long. Mike has been fishing the river 25 years and has never taken one that big. We took a 15 mile trip down river early in the morning and Mike got about a 5 pounder. We came home, I changed to a bigger test line, watered and re-baited. Got a whim about 5:00 and headed out again. It was only 20 minutes from my doorstep to catch this guy.....what a day!



This is my beading tray. I bead at night with Mike and watch the tube. I have 4 of these trays and they are very handy. Progress on my journal page has been a little slow the last couple of days. I have a slow work week so lots of beading, a little garden harvesting and pruning. I like the slow weeks....lol.

This is where I bead outside, I love my garden. I will get pics of my studio and post soon.
The blossom of the day.....a lily.



Have a great day




10 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I love your beading tray and your new piece is looking great already:)

Denise said...

Wow!!! What a fish!!! It's good eating! We used to eat catfish as kids, never caught one like that though!
Love the garden, it's so beautiful!! You not only work hard at it but then you have a beautiful space to relax!!
Cheers, Denise

Judi D said...

LB...thanks, I am slowly getting it done.

Denise....it has had me grinning for days. This is by far the best year for the garden, that too makes me smile:)

Tally said...

It looks as if you watercolored your fabric from this photo???
I like poppy very much. Every year I have exactly three blossoms in my garden. Very few but very elegant. This year they were in full bloom only for a day due to the rain that just arrived when they started out.
Hello from Hamburg
:-Tally-:

Tally said...

P.S.
I forgotten to say thanks for your nice comment in my blog.
:-Tally-:

GraceBeading said...

Hi Judi - I'm eagerly anticipating a peek at your June page. I have admired your beading for quite awhile.
Take care... Grace

Judi D said...

Hi Tally, I did paint the fabric with watered down Lumiere paints. I love poppies and have about 6 different species. I will post one that opened today called a Danish Flag. It is red and white with hints of purple, absolutly gorgeous.

Judi D said...

Hi Grace, nice to see you here! Thank you! There is a pic of my page on my tray. I will get a better pic by this week end after I finsh the leaves.

Artifax said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment! Your garden is just beautiful and looks like a wonderful place to bead!

Judi D said...

Hi Bejeweled, the garden is my favorite place to be. I will check back often.