Friday, June 8, 2007

Took a Sunday fishing



We bought a new river fishing boat a few weeks ago, it has been a wonderful distraction for me. I work from my home, so it is not often I leave except for errands. Mike, my husband is mainly interested in catching the almighty monster catfish. We baited chicken liver hooks, took out stink bait and other luring devices....lol. Does roughen the fingers for beading though. Anyway, along out ventures we came across a small island with a stand of about 6 dead cotton wood trees. A flock of Blue Herring has taken one of the trees for nesting. The evening was grey as it was getting ready to rain, but I love this pic. We won't be able to get back there till next year till the run off.
I have been beading my page, sometimes I like it and other times....well....it bugs me. I will continue, but not ready to post a picture yet. I keep having this image of a Georgia O' Keefe thing and hope my interpretation of my picture comes across somewhere in that field.
Have a great day

3 comments:

Mary Timme said...

It is a beading experiment, but what a great photo. don't worry too much about what comes out. One of my favorite stories tells it all and I'm going to put it on my blog right now.

Blue Heron's are such neat birds and I can't wait to see what you do iwth it.

The Lone Beader® said...

I like the birds in the tree. I have never seen that kind of bird before either...

Judi D said...

LB....aren't they cool. They have very long legs and necks. They live in dead trees due to their wing span. Standing they are about 3 foot tall....very big.