Friday, June 15, 2007

The green leaves are done

Whew, I knew this would be a challenge for me.....lol. My choice to use only 2-3 shades per color made my focus on the interpretation of shape. I was loose in applying the painting and therefore had to compensate in some areas. I had to remove a thumb....lol....that somehow appeared on the right hand bud. I think you can see it on the picture in the post with my tray. I had to loosen up all the straight lines I kept finding myself falling into. Let the beads do the talking......I am using 15's for this project.


This flower is called a Danish Flag Poppy. I started it from seed last year and the plants I have now are volunteer's. The plant stands about 2 foot high. The leaves are a gorgeous olive green and very thin and jagged, just an awesome plant.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Very Nice work! Very nice.

Judi D said...

Thank you Mary:)

LJ said...

Going to be glorious when it's finished. Nice work choosing stitch directions, too - nice sense of movement and life in the stems and leaves.

Judi D said...

Thank you LJ, I hope my minds eye can see it through. I tend on something much simpler next month....lol.