Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Killed 2 birds with one stone







I am so thrilled right now. After I started my page I started to read about printing on fabric. I used the freezer paper method, which I have had the paper in my studio for months for other projects. I needed to raise the flower because the red beads were considerably smaller than the other colors. I noticed that Mary T. mentioned she uses felt to raise areas. Well guess what....lol....I accomplished my shading fear of the red poppy by printing it and raised it all in one. It is a perfect fit, so my painting was not so bad there. It re-news my excitement to bead this page!




This is the vest I attached the dragonfly to. It had only the long silver beads across the front. I stitched red beads every 5 sewing machine stitches around the whole thing, embellished the fringe on the sleeves and front.
Have a great day

5 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Oh, my! Did something I said, help? I'm so glad. I'm doing a poppy up close for July, so it will be fun to compare what we've each done! What fun!

Judi D said...

Yes you did! Thanks so much.

s said...

Your vest is amazing.
I will now have to come back to your page on a regular visit to keep up with your amazing work.
Sunni

Judi D said...

Thanks for taking a look Sunni. Your page is a wonderful work of wind. I have been checking it out and alook forward to seeing it done. I am almost done as well. A few more hours.

s said...

I just posted my finished piece.
I am excited now to start July's.
I do believe I have lost my mind.
But what a wonderful way of losing your mind. Perhaps it will show up on my bead tray. I had no idea I would get so addicted to this.
Sunni